Tuesday 1 October 2013


Why Did I Choose Teaching As My Profession?
I have chosen this profession because of my love for children and I believe that I could make a difference in their lives. It is a noble profession where we are imparting knowledge to the young souls as well as enhancing our knowledge too. As we all know knowledge increases by giving so I love to be a lifelong learner as well.

I strongly believe that every step I take in helping a child and teaching him/her is just like I am lighting up their lives. It’s a pleasure that I feel when I realise that I have made some positive impact in the life of some children either academically in their classroom or outside in their real life. It’s a challenge that I set for myself to reach out to the children and teach them what I have learned. Moreover it is a tribute to those wonderful people from whom I have acquired knowledge.

As a teacher, it is my goal to enhance student learning as a transformative experience. Transformative learning is most likely going to occur when students become personally engaged with the material and perceive the subject matter to be directly relevant to their own lives. I embrace teaching as an opportunity to inspire and empower the youth as teaching and learning encompasses more than just thinking.

Hence it is important to help the child move from the simplest to the most complex which means to help the child to   remember, understand, apply, analyse, evaluate and create. At the same time helping people learn and think about new ideas and support them in learning about the world outside makes me happy.

1 comment: