Thursday 31 October 2013


My experiment with the ICT tool 
Let me honesty reveal the truth first as my ambition was never to be a teacher but I was chosen to be a part of this noble profession, which I later on started admiring and understood the fact that I am destined to be a Teacher. I still recollect the memories of my childhood when I use to act like a teacher so I do agree with the fact that somewhere inside me I was having the flare to teach. Moreover my love for children also can be one of the causes to take up this profession.

Well that is exactly what I have been doing for the past 11years after taking up this carrier as a teacher. As time grew I have analysed that I am a learner rather than a teacher and this became quite obvious as I started teaching in Dubai. In fact my experience as a learner worked well while I took up the task as a facilitator in an O Level school. Now turning back after 3 yrs. of my teaching carrier in Dubai I can only see that I have learned, learned and learned.


 I was quite happy and satisfied with what I have learned from this curriculum until I stepped in Winchester but things appeared very I was quite challenged with the wider use of ICT techniques in and around the school. While I sit back for observing the classes of the former CICT students I use to feel quite amazed with the way they pace up the active learning strategies and the use of ICT techniques in the class room, and I was literally lost. Apparently I realised that I am lagging behind this skill of using ICT which the students enjoy the most.


Now I am the happiest person to say that I have acquired this skill of experimenting ICT in my class. As I can now state that even though I am not an expert I know how to incorporate the use of ICT tool in the class room. It was moreover an amazing experience where I was well prepared but unfortunately everything didn’t go well but that doesn’t matter as I gauge my students’ learning, which really went on effectively. In fact I was satisfied with the way my children reflected and performed the whole task beautifully in spite of the fact that only one of the groups could access the wall wisher due to some technical problem.

Anyway I was thrilled and overwhelmed after accomplishing my experiment with ICT because I realise the fact that I have learned a lot from the positive aspects even though the internet didn’t work properly as planned. I really owe to CICT for making this happen, for moulding me to take up the risk and face the challenge alone, Bravo!


In addition to this the different types of Active learning strategies and questioning method that I have learned through this session makes teaching quite easier for me. As I can see how my students enjoy when I experiment different types of strategies in the class room which helps in keeping my students active throughout the class and a lot of collaborative work taking place.

“I feel, good things happen at the right moment”

No comments:

Post a Comment