Monday 4 November 2013


How did I do the Plenary through the strategies that I have learned?

Well that very exciting to have a lot of ways to do the plenary and you can try out anyways. The best part was we were doing poetry for the past week and to add on to the joy we had decided to gift the children with a Poet Café outside the classroom in order to appreciate the poems and poets. This was an awesome experience as I took my plenary with 6A while they were seated outside under the bid tree in the garden.

As the children were all ready with their poems and had enough knowledge about the poets which we asked them to research on they could do the task with ease. They were reading out their poems and appreciated each other’s work which was an appealing sight to watch. I joined them for the plenary with the WHO questions “Questions you would like to ask”. Before I started the strategy of questioning I gave a gist of the agony that a poet go through while making a poetry as I compared the same with the way an oyster makes the pearl. Then I asked them about poetry which they answered by saying “it’s a way to express your feelings and emotions.”

I started my questioning strategy by giving the definition of poetry as “A poetry is a spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings and it takes it origin from the emotion recollected in tranquillity”, as William Wordsworth says. Then  I had brief them on what they need to do as soon as I put them into pairs and with the boys on one side and the girls on the other side. They had to frame questions based on the poets and the poetry Café that they had discussed so far with their pair which should be done secretly as they need to pose the questions later on to the girls group.

Children were given 3mts to frame questions, once when they are finished with the task they were given turns to pose the questions to each other. At the same time, each group was given time to answer the questions as well. Children really enjoyed and loved questioning the other groups while they learned and had a quick recap on the whole thing that they discussed throughout the session. I could find the excitement when they were trying to frame the best question as possible to shot to the opposite group.

Apparently it was a wonderful session as it went on very well than I expected because it was outside in nature and the children enjoyed a lot as the topic itself matched with the scenario.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds very interesting, but what really caught my attention was that you created the atmosphere for the students to be creative.

    ReplyDelete